Morgan Aero 8 - SOLD
2002 Morgan Aero 8 - Series 1
- Finished in Flag Blue metallic
- 4.4litre V8 with 6 speed manual
- Optional Oz Magnesio alloy wheels
- FSH with only 24,500miles
Founded back in 1910 by 'HFS' Morgan the Morgan Motor Company is without doubt one of the UK's most famous motoring manufacturers. Symbolising both the eccentric, with people believing that their cars are built in a shed and also top quality craftsmanship with every car being loving hand-built using the finest techniques it is no wonder that with less than 200 employees and every car built to a customers specific order the company produce no more than 25 cars per week.
Introduced in 2001 the Morgan Aero 8 was the first new Morgan to be designed since 1948 and also became their most advanced car as it was the first Morgan to have an extruded aluminium chassis as opposed to the traditional wooden body tub sitting on a steel chassis. Powered by a BMW supplied 4.4litre V8 and linked Getrag 6 speed manual gearbox the Aero 8 provides supercar performance, a sub 4.5s 0-60mph time and a top speed in excess of 160mph.
Supplied new by Brands Hatch Morgans Ltd and registered in May 2002 this stunning Aero 8 is finished in Flag Blue metallic and comes with full Russian Blue Leather interior and the following additional specification:
- Factory 18" Oz Magnesion Alloys.
- Light wood trim.
- Blue Mohair hood.
- Mota-Lita leather trimmed steering wheel.
- DAB Radio.
- Electric heated front screen and side windows.
- Mulberry leather case.
- Matching Pirelli Pzero Nero GT tyres.
- AP Racing brake calipers.
In addition the car also has the following subtle upgrades:
- Sports gear shift fitted by Brands Hatch Morgan Ltd.
- Quad outlet stainless exhaust system.
- Paint protection film to front nose and sills.
With ignition on and the 'Starter' button depressed the 4.4 litre V8 bursts into life, with a wonderfully deep burble coming from the quad outlet exhausts and on engaging first gear it is easy to feel how the mix of a lightweight body married to the 271bhp engine can produce electrifying performance. With the roof folded down the Morgan is an absolute dream to drive, the power plant offering so much torque that she'll happily cruise at low speed in 6th gear offering the joy of classic car motoring but with the instant power delivery of a modern sports car. Looking at the service records its clear to see this Aero 8 has been cherished with servicing being carried out on an annual basis, and as such records show servicing at the following intervals:
- Brandshatch Morgans Ltd - Jul 2002 @ 1,143 miles
- Brandshatch Morgans Ltd - Mar 2003 @ 2,448 miles
- Brandshatch Morgans Ltd - Jun 2004 @ 3,461 miles
- Brandshatch Morgans Ltd - Apr 2005 @ 3,928 miles
- Brandshatch Morgans Ltd - Apr 2006 @ 4,524 miles
- Brandshatch Morgans Ltd - Feb 2007 @ 5,775 miles
- Brandshatch Morgans Ltd - Feb 2008 @ 8,241 miles
- Brandshatch Morgans Ltd - Feb 2009 @ 10,489 miles
- Miller Commercial Motors Ltd - Feb 2011 @ 13,256 miles
- Miller Commercial Motors Ltd - Feb 2013 @ 15,011 miles
- Miller Commercial Motors Ltd - Apr 2015 @ 16,955 miles
- Berry Brook - Apr 2016 @ 17,912 miles
Further to these records and supporting the cars mileage we hold a number of previous MOT's and the car comes with a current MOT valid until Feb 2018 and at the time of sale we will arrange for the Aero 8 to be serviced by our local Morgan dealership. The car also comes with her original book pack, brochures, invoices for work, an all important trickle charger (Aero 8's have a battery similar to a motorbike and then benifit from being left on 'trickle' when not in use) and a tailored cover for indoor use.
Quintessential British and hand-built using a mixture of modern and classic craftsman techniques this low mileage Series 1 Morgan Aero 8 oozes charm, the sumptuous leather interior and turned aluminium dash whisk your senses back to a bygone era but with her modern mechanics, impeccable service history (newly serviced at the time of sale) and only 24500miles this is one Morgan you can confidently step into and enjoy on either a weekend cross country dash or a cruise to the French Riviera.
+ Read More
- Read Less
After months of searching the internet and classic car auctions for the perfect example, I stumbled across a Capri 2.8 Injection for sale at Absolute Classics Cars. I spoke with Mark who was pleasant, helpful and informative. He said that the car was “like the day it came out of the dealership,” and so with some trepidation, I made the journey and found that the car had been described perfectly and truthfully. The guys at Absolute Classic Cars couldn’t have been more helpful, offering me information on train times, places to stay and directions and seeing how beautifully prepared the car was the deal just had to be done. Carl and Mark made the buying experience a real pleasure and I will not hesitate in buying another car from them when time and space allow me to add to the collection.
Mr R Short, Staffs