Morris Minor - SOLD
1966 Morris Minor Saloon.
- 1098cc with 4 speed
- Almond Green exterior
- Porcelain Green interior
- Fully restored - bills in excess of £10k
- Unleaded cylinder head conversion.
- More pics to follow - see note
Designed under the eagle eye of Sir Alex Issigonis, most famous for the BMC Mini, the Morris Minor first made its appearance at the 1948 Earls Court Motor Show. Initially available as a two-door saloon and tourer / convertible, the Minor (built between 1948 and 1972) saw development during 3 phases in the cars life: the MM ('48-53) with it's low-lights, split-screen front window and side valve engine; the series II ('52-56) saw the introduction of the 'A' series engine and in '52 the estate or Traveller version was introduced with its external wooden structured body being fitted to the front (saloon body) at the MG plant in Abingdon as the Morris Cowley plant could no longer cater for body-on-frame built vehicles. In 1956 the Minor 1000 was introduced, the two-piece front screen now being replaced by a curved one-piece windscreen, an increase in engine capacity to 948cc, the original semaphore indicators now being changed for the more modern front / rear flasher units and in 1962, although retaining the Minor 1000 name, the car saw some of its biggest changes with an improved 'A' series engine, improved braking / gearbox and improved interior styling.
We're delighted to offer this beautifully presented and fully restored 1966 Morris Minor, 2 door saloon. Finished in her original Almond Green, with Porcelain green interior the car has been restored over a 5 year period, with costs in excess of £10k, with works detailed as follows:
- Full body strip down of body, all doors, glass, chrome removed and car inspected as a bare shell. Remedial bodywork repairs, replacement panels as required. Once prepared the car has received a professional repaint in her original Almond Green, body work built back up and with detailed underbody protective treatment.
- All mechanical parts, stripped, inspected and repaired or replaced as necessary. The engine has been fully rebuilt by Agra (Precision Engineering) with the cylinder head converted to run on unleaded. Gearbox, rear axle checked for wear, new clutch fitted and prior to build up, suspension / axle components etc have been either powder-coated or painted black.
- Brakes system fully rebuilt, new drums / shoes / pistons / cables / brake lines etc.
- Replacement of all exterior rubbers, chromework (save for rear light housings....on back order), lights etc.
- Wheels stripped and powder-coated, new tires fitted.
- Wiring loom inspected and replaced as necessary.
- New exhaust system.
- All new interior as per original specification, finished in Porcelain green, new carpets, roof lining etc.
Since coming to us, we've carried out some 'shake-down' mileage and entrusted her with our classic engineer, who has since invested a further 25 hrs, plus parts fettling this gem further and we too, with our eagle eye have we've noticed that a few of those 'must have' detailed finishing touches were missing and we've since taken delivery of a number of parts from marque specialist, Charles Ware. As such this stunning Morris Minor Saloon is nearing completion (expected to be ready mid/late Nov '19) but is being offered now, prior to completion so that any interested parties may register their interest to own her. Naturally as with all our classics, we'll be selling her with 12 months MOT and we're happy to help with nationwide delivery in our fully enclosed trailer.
NOTE - More photos to follow. If you're planning on coming to the NEC Classic Motorshow, 8th-10th Nov, we may have this car on our stand for viewing.....please call before hand if you want to specifically see her.
+ Read More
- Read Less
My recent purchase of a Volkswagen Beetle from Absolute Classic Cars could not have gone more smoothly. The enthusiasm of both Mark and Carl was evident from our first meeting. They were attentive, without being intrusive, knowledgeable without being superior and genuinely interested in delivering exactly what i wanted.
The post purchase preparation even resulted in them paying for parts themselves and included delivery.
I have bought over 30 classic cars and this features as one of the most pleasure-able experiences, well done guys I’m sure you will be about for some considerable time
Mr N Campbell, Shrewsbury